Higher Apprenticeship in Creative and Digital Media: Interactive Media
The Higher Apprenticeship in Creative and Digital Media offers you the opportunity to work in the industries while gaining a recognised qualification. The apprenticeship covers a range of interactive media roles.
As an apprentice you will gain real experience of the workplace, a broader understanding of the creative industries and finish your training ready to work and with a network of professional contacts.
Will I need any qualifications to get onto this apprenticeship?
You don't need to have any specific qualifications to do this apprenticeship, but you do need to be at least 18 years old. Previous qualifications in related subjects could give you a useful grounding.
This is a level 4 qualification, which is equivalent to a foundation degree or a Higher National Certificate.
The apprenticeship has been written by industry professionals so that the training meets the needs of employers and gives you the skills, knowledge and experience you need to make a valuable contribution and to launch your career. The qualification is run by a training provider who will work with both you and your employer to tailor it to the needs of both you and the company.
What kind of jobs might I do?
Jobs covered by the Higher Apprenticeship in Creative and Digital Media (Interactive Media pathway) include:
- Online Community Manager
- Managing online communities, forums and social media sites. Managing data used in online communities
- User Experience Co-ordinator
- Conducting user testing, monitoring and managing data and usage of interactive products
- Junior Interactive Product Designer
- Designing interactive product content and the assets needed for these, including art design, copywriting for interactive products, user interface design
- Junior Interactive Product Developer
- Developing user interfaces and interactive products, using code, software, advanced programming languages, scripts and testing systems
What's my next step?
Watch apprentices doing the Apprenticeship in Creative and Digital Media talk about their apprenticeships and how they're benefiting:
You can also download the apprenticeship framework below.