Creative Skillset works with the Creative Industries to accredit undergraduate and postgraduate degree courses that provide the best preparation for students to enter the industries.
Accredited courses bear the Creative Skillset Tick, a quality mark for the industries, an assurance of the very best in training and education.
The aim of the accreditation scheme is to facilitate strong links between higher education institutions, the industries and Creative Skillset to ensure that:
- the courses remain relevant to the needs of the industry;
- the students develop the skills and knowledge the industry requires;
- and employers can rely on graduates of accredited courses to perform at the standard they expect.
Accreditation is awarded initially for six years.
Courses in the following areas follow a Universal application process (click here for full details on which process to follow).
Advertising | Postgraduate Animation | Art and Design | Business and entrepreneurial | CGI, Computer Graphics, Motion Graphics | Computer Games Design | Postgraduate Computer Games courses | Fashion & Textiles | Film courses | Interactive Media | Media Technology | Post production | Photo Imaging | Publishing (Print and Online) | Radio, TV, Video, Broadcast | VFX | Compositing.
How to apply following the Universal application process
1. To apply to have your course accredited, first read the full application guidelines here:
2. Then, submit to the Quality Team firstname.lastname@example.org an:
3. Then complete the application forms electronically, including any supporting information:
4. Submit the application electronically via:
- Intranet sites (please ensure access/unique password is enabled)
- USB Stick
- External hard drive
- Email (under 10 meg) Please follow up with email with no attachments in case it is mistakenly in quarantine/junk folder
And send one hard master copy to
The Quality Team
21 Caledonian Road
London N1 9GB
T: 020 7713 9800
5. Pay the application fee on receipt of invoice
On receipt of your expression of interest, the Quality Team will inform you of the prospective assessment meeting dates and timelines for the submission and assessment of your application.
If you have any questions about the accreditation process, please contact the Quality Team above.