Creative Skillset works with the Creative Industries to accredit undergraduate and postgraduate degree courses that provide the best preparation for students to enter the industries.
Accredited courses bear the Creative Skillset Tick, a quality mark for the industries, an assurance of the very best in training and education.
The aim of the accreditation scheme is to facilitate strong links between higher education institutions, the industries and Creative Skillset to ensure that:
- the courses remain relevant to the needs of the industry;
- the students develop the skills and knowledge the industry requires;
- and employers can rely on graduates of accredited courses to perform at the standard they expect.
Accreditation is awarded initially for four years.
Eligibility for accreditation
Creative Skillset accreditation covers the majority of subject areas across the Creative Industries including Level 4 HND and foundation courses as well as undergraduate and postgraduate courses.
- There are a few exceptional subject areas where we are only open to applications at undergraduate or postgraduate level.
- There are a few exceptional subject areas that we do not cover.
- Where accreditation arrangements are already in place through other organisations, we will refer you to their systems and processes.
The guidance below will help you determine whether your course is eligible for accreditation and signpost you to the correct application process.
How to apply for accreditation
1. To apply to have your course accredited, first read the full application guidelines here:
2. Then, submit to the quality team firstname.lastname@example.org an:
3. Then complete the application forms electronically, including any supporting information:
4. Submit the application electronically via:
- Preferred submission format – file sharing via Dropbox (other file sharing/transfer sites will be accepted)
- USB Stick/External hard drive (please note we are not able to return these)
- Email (under 10Mb). Please follow up with email with no attachments in case it is mistakenly in Quarantine/Junk folder
- Maximum 10Gb for all files
The Quality Team
94 Euston Street
London NW1 2HA
T: 020 7713 9800
5. Pay the application fee on receipt of invoice
On receipt of your expression of interest, the Quality Team will inform you of the prospective assessment meeting dates and timelines for the submission and assessment of your application.
If you have any questions about the accreditation process, please contact the Quality Team above.