Eligibility for accreditation
Creative Skillset accreditation covers the majority of subject areas across the Creative Industries including Level 4 HND and foundation courses as well as undergraduate and postgraduate courses.
- There are a few exceptional subject areas where we are only open to applications at undergraduate or postgraduate level.
- There are a few exceptional subject areas that we do not cover.
- Where accreditation arrangements are already in place through other organisations, we will refer you to their systems and processes.
Also different subject areas follow different applications processes, criteria and use different guidance materials.
The guidance below will help you determine whether your course is eligible for accreditation and signpost you to the correct application process.
Types of accreditation process
- Universal (the majority of subject areas)
- Undergraduate Animation courses
- Undergraduate Computer Games Technical/Programming and Art courses
- Undergraduate and Postgraduate Screenwriting courses
Which accreditation process is suited to your course?
Please use the guidance below to identify the accreditation process suited to your course.
Note that there are exceptions and exclusions from most of these categories.
Please read the relevant application guidelines for more details, accessible on the pages linked to below.
Undergraduate animation courses
Undergraduate Computer Games Art, Technical and Programming courses
Screenwriting for Media including TV, Film, Radio, Games and Interactive courses
Courses in the following subject areas:
- Art and Design
- Business/ entrepreneurial
- CGI/Computer Graphics/Motion Graphics
- Computer Games Design
- Fashion & Textiles
- Film production
- Interactive Media
- Journalism Ineligible
- Media technology/post production
- Photo imaging/Photography
- Publishing (Print and Online)
- TV/video/broadcast media