Animation, Games & Screenwriting accreditation
Creative Skillset works with the animation, film and computer games industries to accredit degree courses that provide the best preparation for students to enter the industry.
Accredited courses bear the Creative Skillset Tick, a quality mark for the industry, an indication of quality assurance of the very best in training and education.
The aim of the accreditation scheme is to facilitate strong links between higher education institutions, the animation industry and Creative Skillset to ensure that:
- the courses remain relevant to the needs of the industry;
- the students develop the skills and knowledge the industry requires;
- and employers can rely on graduates of accredited courses to perform at the standard they expect.
Accreditation is awarded initially for six years.
If you are applying for accreditation of postgraduate animation and games courses or a games design course, you'll need to make an application for universal accreditation.
Click here to see whether you are eligible for accreditation.
How to apply
1. To apply to have your course accredited, first read the full application guidelines in the relevant areas
- Animation guidelines (PDF)
- Games guidelines – art path (PDF)
- Games guidelines – technical path (PDF)
- Screenwriting guidelines (PDF)
2. Then, submit to the Quality Team firstname.lastname@example.org an:
3. Then complete the application forms electronically, including any supporting information:
- Animation application form (Word doc)
- Games application form – art path (Word doc)
- Games application form – technical path (Word doc)
- Screenwriting application form (Word doc)
4. Submit the application electronically via:
- Intranet sites (please ensure access/unique password is enabled)
- USB Stick
- External hard drive
- Email (under 10 meg) Please follow up with email with no attachments in case it is mistakenly in quarantine/junk folder
And send one hard master copy to
The Quality Team
21 Caledonian Road
London N1 9GB
T: 020 7713 9800
On receipt of your expression of interest, the Quality Team will inform you of the prospective assessment meeting dates and timelines for the submission and assessment of your application.
If you have any questions about the accreditation process, please contact the Quality Team above.