Film funding to provide training
The Film Skills Fund awards grants to organisations to create, deliver or facilitate film-specific training.
These are the funding programmes currently open to training organisations:
- Education Bootcamps Fund - to deliver training which helps young people take their first steps in professional development in a Bootcamp style setting
New funding priorities are currently being developed for the new financial year. Sign up for our industry newsletter or follow us to be notified when new funds go live from April 2015.
If you are currently waiting to hear back from a previous or incomplete application, then please contact the Fund Team on 020 7713 9800.
About the Film Skills Fund
The Creative Skillset Film Skills Fund is the largest fund in the UK dedicated to supporting film-specific training. It is funded by the National Lottery via the BFI and through the Skills Investment Funds, which comprise industry and government co-investment.
The fund was established to support the delivery of A Bigger Future - the UK Film Skills Strategy developed by the film industry, originally in partnership with the UK Film Council and Creative Skillset, now with the British Film Institute.
The Film Skills Strategy
The UK Film Skills Strategy is a complete training and education strategy for the UK film industry.
It aims to address the industry's skills shortages exposed by Creative Skillset's research programme and through on-going consultation with the film industry. The focus on skills development will enable the UK film industry to remain competitive in the global marketplace.
Creative Skillset works to support the growth of the UK film industry. We do this by investing in a programme of training, education and support for businesses, employees and freelancers, driving business and career development.
Creative Skillset is working with the film industry to:
- Create jobs
- Strengthen skills
- Build skills for the future
- Ensure world-class film education
We are focusing on:
- Craft and technical skills
- Production management
- Career and business support
- Digital content and audience choice
- Developing writers, producers and directors
We will do this through:
- Funding for training
- Apprenticeships, internships and traineeships
- High quality short courses and world-class film schools
- Online learning provision