Funding for film training
The Creative Skillset Film Skills Fund is the largest fund in the UK dedicated to supporting film-specific training. You can benefit directly through funding for training - grants of money towards the costs of courses.
The Film Skills Fund is invested in training in priority skills that are identified by the film industry through our research and by the senior employers on the Film Skills Council.
Open funding for training programmes:
- Craft and Technical Bursaries - funding for training grants of up to £800 for film professionals working in eligible craft and technical departments to spend on training which meets key skills priorities
- International Scholarships - funding for training grants of up to £5,000 for experienced film professionals to attend intensive and high-level developmental programmes in the UK or overseas
- Management and Leadership Bursaries - funding for training grants of up to £1,000 for film professionals to spend on training and professional development in the area of management and leadership
Other funding sources
If the training for which you wish to find funding does not fall within these priorities, there are other funding organisations that may be able to help. Follow the link below for a list of other organisations that offer funding:
About the Film Skills Fund
The Creative Skillset Film Skills Fund is the largest fund in the UK dedicated to supporting film-specific training.
You can benefit directly through funding for training - grants of money towards the costs of courses in priority skills needed by the film industry.
The fund also awards grants to organisations to create, deliver or facilitate film-specific training.
The fund was established to support the delivery of A Bigger Future - the UK Film Skills Strategy developed by the film industry, originally in partnership with the UK Film Council and Creative Skillset, now with the British Film Institute.
The Film Skills Fund is funded by the BFI with National Lottery funds, and through the Skills Investment Funds, which comprise industry and government co-investment.
The Film Skills Strategy
The UK Film Skills Strategy is a complete training and education strategy for the UK film industry.
It aims to address the industry's skills shortages exposed by Creative Skillset's research programme and through on-going consultation with the film industry. The focus on skills development will enable the UK film industry to remain competitive in the global marketplace.
Creative Skillset works to support the growth of the UK film industry. We do this by investing in a programme of training, education and support for businesses, employees and freelancers, driving business and career development.
Creative Skillset is working with the film industry to:
- Create jobs
- Strengthen skills
- Build skills for the future
- Ensure world-class film education
We are focusing on:
- Craft and technical skills
- Production management
- Career and business support
- Digital content and audience choice
- Developing writers, producers and directors
We will do this through:
- Funding for training
- Apprenticeships, internships and traineeships
- High quality short courses and world-class film schools
- Online learning provision