Still and Moving Image
Commercial Photography: Still and Moving Image is a free online course designed with Norwich University of the Arts (NUA) to help both professional and aspiring photographers develop their visual sensibility in support of a successful and sustainable commercial practice. Check out the FutureLearn site for details of the next course run.
Each week, experts including legendary music business photographer Andy Earl (Rolling Stones, Pink Floyd, Johnny Cash, Morrissey, Oasis) and celebrated anthropomorphic photographer Tim Flach will help you get to grips with emerging media, moving image and potential markets for your work.
Topics covered in this 4-week free online course include:
- Why personal work is key to commercial photographic success
- Relationship between still and moving image photography
- Future of photographic practice in a commercial context
- Sound recording for moving image; tools for photographers using DSLR
- Moving image; historical and contemporary context
- Creative retouching, CGI and interactivity
Commercial Photography: Still and Moving Image explores what it means for a photographer to engage with the needs of the commercial industry, from developing an individual practice to the practicalities of working in a competitive industry.
Norwich University of the Arts is a dynamic and creative community providing arts, design and media education. Its photography courses have gained a strong reputation in the field of advertising, fashion and editorial photography and are closely linked to industry and professional bodies including the Association of Photographers.