New look, new talent
What is Trainee Finder?
Trainee Finder is a service that matches trainees with companies across the UK's film and high-end and children's TV industries.
The scheme is supported by Creative Skillset’s Skills Investment Fund which encourages co-investment in skills and training to ensure a continued supply of a new generation of talent, capable of world-class creative content.
How does Trainee Finder work?
Trainee Finder gives you quick and easy access to an online database housing some of the UK’s top trainees for your projects. It also helps you claim back a percentage of the trainee’s training allowance and costs.
How will Trainee Finder benefit my business?
Trainee Finder makes it more affordable to bring fresh talent to your projects through longer, more meaningful placements, giving you time to develop their skills unique to your requirements. Once trainees are ready for a paid job, it helps reduce the risk of bringing on someone new and strengthens your company’s competitive edge.
Who are the trainees?
Trainees must apply to Trainee Finder and are required to already have some industry experience and skills relevant to roles in your company, which they go on to develop during their time on Trainee Finder.
What should the trainee learn?
The placement should involve hands-on, work-based experience. While this is an on-the-job training experience and the trainee will be directly involved with the project, they are not expected to work as part of the core staff or complete work or tasks which are deemed crucial to the company’s output. Your trainee must be in addition to your existing team and not replace staff members.
How do I apply and find trainees?
These ten steps will guide you through the Trainee Finder process:
- Find out if your company is eligible and apply online for trainees for film and high-end and children's TV.
- One of the Creative Skillset team will be in touch to give you more details and discuss the number of trainees and specialisms required.
- Creative Skillset will send a list of available trainees from which an interview shortlist can be drawn up.
- You interview and select your trainee(s).
- Creative Skillset guides you through setting up a training plan for the trainee.
- The training agreement is drawn up setting out the terms of the placement, including guidance on the training allowance, which covers the trainee's cost of living.
- Trainee(s) start!
- Companies invoice Creative Skillset monthly for a percentage of the training allowance.
- Companies submit a survey at the end of the training placement to give feedback.
- Apply for your next trainees!
Help and support
If you have any queries, please contact the Trainee Finder team on:
t: 020 7713 9800