Series Producer Programme
Applications to the 2018 programme are now closed.
Ready to make your first series?
Building on from the success of two previous programmes, which saw more than 70% of delegates getting Series Producer credits in the last 18 months, Creative Skillset is back in 2018 to kickstart 20 more Series Producer careers.
Why do we need a Series Producer Programme?
Making the step up from Producer to Series Producer is a big leap. Recent research has highlighted the stifling shortage of Series Producers (SPs) right across the country. Creative Skillset aims to help solve this serious skills gap.
Finding the next generation of brilliant and diverse SPs will help the industry win new business and find the hit formats which will travel the world. This programme will develop creative showrunners who will become the cornerstone of the UK’s world-leading TV industry.
This unique and prestigious year-long programme offers participants:
- Unrivalled training delivered by industry experts (approx. 12-14 days)
- Masterclasses with broadcasters
- Mentoring by commissioners
- Continuous one-to-one support and career advice
- 'Money-can’t-buy' networking
- Access and reduced fees to key industry events and festivals
It is open to new or aspiring SPs who are experienced producers with a minimum of three years’ experience at Producer/Director level in factual, features, specialist factual, factual entertainment and entertainment.
The aims of the Series Producer Programme
The programme will develop delegates’ skills in:
- Developing and producing hit innovative new cross-platform content
- Building on people skills and increasing awareness of personal style and impact
- Engaging with new audiences, new technologies and new platforms
- Promoting diversity in programme making and building diverse teams and unconscious bias
- Setting a vision and leading creative teams with confidence to deliver that vision
- Maximising social media and digital to promote your brand
- Crisis management
- Budgeting and scheduling
- Resilience and high performance
The programme will build delegates’ networks, particularly at channel level.
A sanctuary from the non-stop pace of production where you can take stock, get inspired, widen networks, strengthen peer groups and broaden knowledge” - Vari Innes, 2017 participant, Series Producer of First Dates for Channel 4
When does it start and how can I apply?
Applications to the programme are now closed. The Programme is currently selecting participants and will commence in March.
The Programme fee is £1,500. Travel and other bursaries may be available, depending on individual circumstances. Check the FAQ for details. This highly regarded and competitive programme is heavily subsidised by the TV Skills Fund.
The course helped me to focus on what I want to do next and then provided me with every opportunity to realise those goals. It's an experience I feel very lucky to have been part of and it has set me firmly on a new path.” - Daisy Scalchi, 2017 participant, Series Producer of Inside the Christmas Ambulance, made by Brown Bob for UKTV.
The SP programme was just what I needed to springboard me back to work after my second baby. It gave me great insight, fantastic networking opportunities and an invaluable new peer group. A brilliant, well thought out programme.”
- Charlotte Smith, 2016 participant, Series Producer of The Apprentice for BBC1
If you'd like to read more quotes from previous Series Producer Programme delegates, you can find them here.
Got a question?
Your question may already have been answered in our list of Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs). If you have any further questions or would like more information, please email TVSP@creativeskillset.org or contact Programme Manager Donna Taberer.
Backed by industry and broadcasters, this programme is supported by the BBC, Channel 4 and Channel 5 via the TV Skills Fund, managed by Creative Skillset.