New apprenticeship standards for industry review and feedback
Creative Skillset is currently supporting ‘trailblazer’ employers and professional bodies to develop a range of apprenticeships standards for creative industries roles from animation to broadcast engineering.
Industry is invited to help to refine new draft standards. Current standards open for feedback are:
- Junior animator (level 4)
- Storyboard artist (level 7)
- Broadcast and media systems technician (level 5)
- Production manager (level 7)
Interested parties are invited to review the draft standard, give us your thoughts on the skills, knowledge and behaviours identified so far and any that you feel may be missing. This will help us and the working group employers to determine whether the proposed standard(s) truly reflect industry best practice.
The consultation will be running until 17.00 on Wednesday 23 May.
We hold consultations each month as new standards progress. Standards currently in development are:
- Photographic assistant - now approved
- Props technician
- Post production technical operator
- Broadcast and media systems technical operator
- Broadcast and media systems engineer
- Media production co-ordinator
Standards being proposed for development include:
- Wardrobe assistant
- Production co-ordinator
If you are interested in joining the employer working groups for any of these standards, or have queries regarding the new standards development process, please contact us.