Createch returns in 2018
The Createch 2018 Conference in London on 12 June will bring together business leaders, chief marketing officers, innovation directors, entrepreneurs, creatives and technologists to showcase the growth potential of the burgeoning Createch sector built on the interaction of creativity and technology.
The Conference, part of London Technology Week, celebrates the role of Createch in economic growth and job generation globally, both in the creative industries and across the wider economy.
It follows last year’s inaugural event which defined Createch as the umbrella term used to cover the emerging genre of activities in which technology enables creativity to produce new, value-added products, services or experiences – and vice-versa.
Watch this short film previewing the conference and summarising 2017 highlights. here
Analysis suggests that £36bn of value added in the UK Creative Industries – about 43% of the total – can be attributed to Createch occupations. This figure is expected to increase as Createch is more widely used.
Createch 2018 seeks to:
- Further define the global proposition for UK Createch enterprises
- Accelerate Createch business models in different industries
- Catalyse international Createch partnerships
- Reinforce the UK’s position as the global centre for creativity
The event will highlight the challenges and opportunities posed by disruptive technologies such as block chain, AI and machine learning, immersive technology, and the merging of the merging of the physical with the digital and how the creative sector is best placed to capitalise on these.
Confirmed speakers include:
- The Rt Hon Matt Hancock MP, Secretary of State for Digital, Culture, Media & Sport
- Nicola Mendelsohn, Co-Chair Creative Industries Council and VP EMEA Facebook,
- Stef Calcraft, Dentsu Aegis
- Jeremy Silver, Digital Catapult
- Julian Baker, Imagination
- Cliff Fluet, Lewis Silkin
- Sarah Golding, THE & Partnership
- Luke Scott, RSA
The full programme will be announced in coming weeks.
Createch 2018 takes place from 10.00 to 18.30 on 12 June at Code Node, 10 South Place, London, EC2M 7EB
Tickets are priced £125 (plus VAT and booking fee). Book tickets here.
Find out more about developments in Createch.