Shadow in a writers' room with Big Light Productions
TV writers will get the unique chance to tap the experience and talent of X Files creator Frank Spotnitz as part of a new Writers' Room Project being launched by his UK based company Big Light Productions.
Created in partnership with Creative Skillset’s High End TV Council through the HETV Levy, the paid shadowing scheme enables intermediate TV writers the chance to gain more experience in long-running TV series writing and learning to collaborate with other writers. They will gain first-hand experience across major TV productions by shadowing in writers’ rooms and developing their skills for high-end, long running TV series and team writing.
The first project is a 13-episode thriller series Ransom, which is being co-produced with U.S. broadcaster CBS, TF1 in France and Shaw in Canada. Based on the extraordinary real-life experiences of internationally renowned hostage negotiator Laurent Combalbert and his partner Marwan Mery, the show follows a top negotiator who travels the globe, helping people the police can’t. Unlike the police, however, he has no interest of violence or bringing criminals to justice but only cares about their motivations.
Big Light is running a first writers’ room for Ransom Series 2 and has two spaces for writers who have already written some produced work (TV, theatre or radio) and are represented by an agent to join the shadow scheme.
"Big Light is committed to nurturing talent and there's no better way of demonstrating this than throwing two eager writers into the deep end." Frank Spotnitz.
The successful candidates will receive an allowance and financial help for subsistence and transport with accommodation being provided by the project partners.
- Eligible candidates must have already written some produced work (TV, theatre or radio) and are represented by an agent.
- They will need to provide original writing samples
- Applications from female and diverse writers are strongly encouraged
- The call for admission will close Friday 13 January 2017
- Interviews on shortlist to be conducted the week of Monday 23 January 2017
- Start dates for successful applicants will be Monday 30 January. The Writers’ Room will take place in London at the Big Light office, London, EC1.
- Participation is Monday to Friday.
For further information email Lorraine Sullivan at Big Light on firstname.lastname@example.org