Creative Matters: Fusion Skills, Showreels & Showcasing
Exploring the many exciting job roles, skills needs and career pathways within the UK Creative Industries, including a special look into the exploding VFX and games industry. Pun not intended.
In this episode…
Fusion skills? What are they? Why are they important? Find out from creative careers guru and Norwich University of theArts VFX course leader Saint John Walker.
All the top advice you could need for a career in animation, games or VFX from this year’s stellar Tick Talent Showcase event. Find out from graduates and course leaders why Tick-accredited degrees are proving invaluable to ensuring highly skilled, work-ready talent is entering the industry.
Get the lowdown from recruiters and employers about job roles, skills development options and how to make a great first impression in your application.
Visit inspiring creative power-house Territory Studio to explore what it takes to find a niche and grow a start-up, as well as tips from games legends The Oliver Twins.
Drop in on our Roundtable discussion as VFX technical director Phil Robinson from Framestore and head of recruitment from MPC tell all about the trials and tribulations of climbing the career ladder, working to deadlines and what to put in that all important showreel.
- Explore Tick-accredited degrees and apprenticeships
- Find out more about job roles and careers in the creative industries
- Learn more about the animation, games & VFX sectors
- Find out more about fusion skills
Many thanks to the following…
- Matt from MPC
- Phil, Amy & Anna from Framestore
- Saint John Walker from Norwich University of the Arts
- David from Territory Studio
- Darren from Teesside University
- John from Bournemouth University
- Tom from Tiger Aspect
- The Oliver Twins, currently at Radiant Worlds
- Our talented new entrant Bernhard
- Music by the indestructible Tim Crompton