Support for production companies and Individuals
The vision of the High-End TV Levy Fund is focused on the long-term development of a world-class, skilled UK workforce for the TV drama industry.
We deliver a wide range of skills support for crew and talent from new entrants to those more advanced in their careers across the UK. Our industry-led working groups and the HETV Council set clear annual priorities for the Levy Fund, identifying effective skills pathways to find, propel and develop high-end TV drama talent and crew.
The key expectations of the activities of the Fund are:
- UK wide engagement
- Diverse and inclusive
- Agile and close to the industry
- A dynamic profile
- Creating scale through working partnerships
- Accountable to the levy fund to ensure value for money and effective outcomes
- Focused in long term skills development
How can we help you?
We have a range of support and funding available for production companies to help develop their workforces as well as for individuals to grow their careers in high-end TV. These are delivered both in-house and also externally by industry-recognised training providers.
Programmes that are currently running and delivered in-house by Creative Skillset's high-end TV team are:
- Skills Passport - a new resource for production freelancers that identifies short courses and shows how they can benefit career development. Upon successful completion of a course, apply for a Course Complete badge to save onto your mobile or attach to your profile on Hiive, Creative Skillset’s online creative platform, as a record for potential employers.
- HETV Trainee Finder - An entry-level placement scheme which places trainees on UK TV drama productions. APPLICATIONS FOR 2018 NOW CLOSED.
- Make a Move - On-the-job training for people identified by productions as ready to move up into a more senior role with a little support.
- Bursaries – Funding for individuals to support skills training.
- In-House Production Runners Programme – Match funding for a series of in-house production runner placements (to provide opportunities for socio-economically challenged new entrants.) APPLICATIONS NOW CLOSED.
- High-End TV Drama New Producer Programme - Aimed at senior HoD grades to help them step up into the role of TV drama producer. APPLICATIONS NOW CLOSED.
For more information about current programmes funded by the High-End TV Levy being delivered externally by industry training providers click here.