Skills Passport Manager
- Tuesday 17 July 2018
- Closing date:
- Sunday 19 August 2018
Over the last two years, new leadership at Creative Skillset has reshaped the organisation and refocused our strategy on the screen industries, clarifying our purpose and value.
Our mission is to lead on building skills and talent, creating a properly inclusive workforce to power sustainable growth for the UK’s screen industries.
Our Board and Advisory Councils comprise committed senior industry leaders from across the screen sector – film, television, visual effects, animation and games – representing large and small organisations across the UK.
Some of our key challenges and opportunities include:
- Identifying skills needs in screen-based industries and finding ways to tackle them
- Raising the profile of career opportunities in the screen-based industries
- Making the screen workforce more inclusive.
The Skills Passport is an online tool for crew working across production, craft and tech grades in high-end TV production to source relevant and required training for their grade and to enable them to move up in their career. There is an associated bursary available for the training in 2018/19. The role will lead on all aspects of delivery, marketing and direct industry liaison relating to the programme. Success will be to ensure everyone working in drama production and senior leads in production understand the value and offer of the Skills Passport and it is utilised by crew.
This programme is currently fully funded by the High-end TV Levy via the production and craft and tech working groups. This programme has been tendered to Creative Skillset for delivery and the satisfaction of the relevant working groups is the priority for delivery.
- Manage all aspects of delivery of the live Skills Passport Programme funded by HETV
- Liaise with relevant training providers who are currently listed on Skills Passport and ensure course details are up to date and current
- Seek out new training courses relevant to production and craft & tech grades and ensure sign off by the relevant working groups on their suitability and upload onto the Skills Passport
- Devise and deliver promotional communication campaigns (with a focus on face to face meetings on productions) for the Skills Passport to ensure crew understand what’s is available and its value to them. Work with the Creative Skillset communications and marketing team on any online or print requirements
- Lead on the promotion of the Skills Passport to film and TV industry production companies to ensure buy-in to the programme at a senior and company level
- Issue digital badges to individuals who have undertaken training
- Liaise directing with the relevant HETV working groups and their Chairs regarding progress and keep them up to date on all aspects of delivery
- Monitoring the uptake of Skills Passport courses and oversee the associated bursary budget
- Work with the wider HETV department to deliver the HETV Skills Passport milestones and ensure any opportunities for collaboration or efficiencies are explored
- Work with the Creative Skillset film team to scope and fold in film delivery milestones
- Work with the Creative Skillset accreditation team to ensure joined up working
- Liaise with the wider Creative Skillset digital team to ensure the platform remains fit for purpose and user friendly and meets all requirements of the programme including effective tracking of take up of the courses and impact in the longer term.
- Manage the Skills Passport programme budget and keep HETV lead updated on any realignments
- Liaise internally with relevant teams to ensure the scheme is complimentary to wider activities including Tick and apprenticeships development, and wider film and HETV skills programmes
- Communicate effectively and provide regular progress reports to the HETV and film leads and associated Councils when required
- Take ownership of, and contribute to, internal and external communications activity both in their job role and as part of Creative Skillset’s overall strategic objectives.
- Demonstrate a personal commitment to embracing and promoting Creative Skillset’s positive approach to the achievement of acceptance, openness, and equality of opportunity at work for people from under-represented groups (i.e. such as those with disabilities and from the lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender and black, asian and minority ethnic communities).
- Promote and develop individual and organisational activities which support and enhance environmental sustainability and health and safety objectives.
- Establish good working relationships with both internal and external customers and provide a high quality service which meets their needs.
- Support yours and your colleagues’ activity through a commitment to effective and correct use of corporate tools and resources, including the Wire (Creative Skillset’s intranet) for internal communications and file management, and authorised systems for contact management.
This job description is not intended to be either prescriptive or exhaustive. It is issued as a framework to outline the main areas of responsibility at the time of writing. Your manager will, in discussion with you, review the job description at appraisal. It is Creative Skillset’s intention to work with you to update and incorporate changes to your job description as required. However, if agreement cannot be reached, Creative Skillset reserves the right to impose changes.
Creative Skillset is committed to diversity and equality of opportunity in all aspects of our work. We particularly encourage applications from women, disabled and black, Asian and minority ethnic (BAME) candidates, as these groups are underrepresented throughout the creative screen industries.
To apply please fill out our short application and submit your CV and covering letter outlining how you meet essential skills and experience required for this post here by Sunday 19 August 2018.
Please note that only successful applicants will be contacted for interview. If you haven’t heard from us within 2-3 weeks after the ad closing date, please consider your application as unsuccessful.