- Thursday 12 July 2018
- Closing date:
- Saturday 21 July 2018
Under new leadership, over the last eighteen months, Creative Skillset, has reshaped the organisation and refocused our strategy on the screen industries - clarifying our purpose and value. Our mission is to lead on building inclusive skills and talent to achieve a world beating UK screen industries sector.
We have a new industry Chair and our Board and Advisory Councils comprise committed senior industry leaders from across the screen sector – film, television, visual effects, animation and games – representing large and small organisations across the UK.
The purpose of this role is to support the Head of Research in building a robust body research, providing independent, trusted and rigorous evidence for use by the screen sector. This role will focus heavily on project managing research, liaising with stakeholders and suppliers, researching and analysing a range of existing evidence, assisting with data collection and analysis, and writing of reports.
The post holder will be primarily involved in the delivery of a substantial piece of research on current and future skills gaps and needs in the screen industries. The position will offer the successful candidate an exciting opportunity to contribute to the development of research during a period of opportunity, growth and transformation e.g. the Apprenticeship levy, the technical education reforms, need for a step change in inclusivity and preparing for a post Brexit world.
- Project management of research and evaluation;
- Liaise with stakeholders involved in the research, through the creation of industry panels for the purpose of developing qualitative interviews, consultations and surveys;
- Support Head of Research in the delivery of specific research tasks, both qualitative and quantitate, such as drafting interview guides, and questionnaires; conduct qualitative interviews, manage surveys, analyse qualitative and quantitative data;
- Turn data into easy to understand charts and reports, identifying trends and communicating insight, ensuring that the screen industry is informed of the skills and talent required in order make the best skills intervention decisions possible;
- Liaise with suppliers involved in the delivery of research on behalf of Creative Skillset;
- Liaise with Creative Skillset staff and industry to fully understand data content and its purpose;
- Work with Creative Skillset colleagues to ensure that industry is able to feed in information with ease, speed and regular frequency;
- Work with and undertake research for a wide range of audiences (e.g. colleagues, industry, partners, policy-makers, educators, training providers).
Essential skills and experience
- Good organisational and project management skills, with the ability to work effectively in order to meet multiple deadlines;
- Ability to develop and maintain positive and professional relationships with stakeholders, managing business/sponsor/partner relationships;
- Strong quantitative skills, including: 1) experience in drafting questionnaire, data collection, manipulation and analysis; 2) experience in working with existing dataset such as ONS or Labour Force Survey;
- Proven experience in qualitative research methods, including: draft interview guide; conduct interviews, analyse and interpret findings;
- Experience of triangulating mixed-methods research;
- Ability to synthesise a wide range of quantitative and qualitative evidence, identifying clear findings and drawing insight that can inform decisions and is accessible to a broad audience
- Excellent knowledge of research and evaluation work streams;
- Proven commitment to delivering high quality analysis and written outputs that ensure customer satisfaction;
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral) and the ability to communicate clearly, in different styles and for different audiences;
- Thorough understanding of the relationship between research, policy and practice
- Experience in writing reports;
- An interest/understanding of screen media industry;
- Previous experience with econometric analysis would be advantageous but not essential.
- Take ownership of, and contribute to, internal and external communications activity both in their job role and as part of Creative Skillset’s overall strategic objectives;
- Demonstrate a personal commitment to embracing and promoting Creative Skillset’s positive approach to the achievement of acceptance, openness, and equality of opportunity at work for people from under-represented groups (i.e. such as those with disabilities and from the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender and Black, Asian and Minority ethnic communities);
- Promote and develop individual and organisational activities which support and enhance environmental sustainability and health and safety objectives
- Establish good working relationships with both internal and external customers and provide a high quality service which meets their needs;
- Support yours and your colleagues’ activity through a commitment to effective and correct use of corporate tools and resources, including the Wire (Creative Skillset’s intranet) for internal communications and file management, and authorised systems for contact management;
This job description is not intended to be either prescriptive or exhaustive. It is issued as a framework to outline the main areas of responsibility at the time of writing. Your manager will, in discussion with you, review the job description at appraisal. It is Creative Skillset’s intention to work with you to update and incorporate changes to your job description as required. However, if agreement cannot be reached, Creative Skillset reserves the right to impose changes.
Creative Skillset is committed to diversity and equality of opportunity in all aspects of our work. We particularly encourage applications from women, disabled and black, Asian and minority ethnic (BAME) candidates, as these groups are underrepresented throughout the creative screen industries.
To apply please fill out our short application form and submit your CV and covering letter outlining how you meet essential skills and experience required for this post here by Friday 21 July. Interviews are likely to be held on w/c 23 July 2018.
Please note that only successful applicants will be contacted for interview. If you haven’t heard from us within 2-3 weeks after the ad closing date, please consider your application as unsuccessful.