- Tuesday 13 March 2018
- Closing date:
- Sunday 1 April 2018
Over the last eighteen months, Creative Skillset, has under new leadership reshaped the organisation and refocused our strategy on the screen industries - clarifying our purpose and value.
Our mission is to lead on building inclusive skills and talent to achieve a world beating UK screen industries sector.
We have a new industry Chair and our Board and Advisory Councils comprise committed senior industry leaders from across the screen sector – film, television, visual effects, animation and games – representing large and small organisations across the UK.
Creative Skillset manages a range of training funds contributed to by industry and public sources. The aim of these funds is to help ensure that the UK creative industries have a workforce with the right level and range of skills. The funds broaden access to training opportunities and career development, support businesses and aim to make the workforce healthier and safer.
The Grants Officer is based in the Finance & Investment team. The position will involve supporting the team that manages the process of distributing funding across key creative sectors. The Grants Officer will also be responsible for the smooth running of Creative Skillset’s bursary schemes as well as handling queries received by the team.
- To co-ordinate a portfolio of active grants and bursaries, dealing with any queries relating to them and resolving any problems that may arise.
- Review submitted grant and bursary applications for completeness and accuracy, including following up with applicants on necessary amendments
- Liaise with Finance Department to analyse project budgets and handle company information
- Assess applications to open bursary schemes, obtaining appropriate advice and references; reaching a judgement or recommendation for approval to senior members of the Fund Team.
- Provide first administrative point of contact in relation to all grant and bursary queries
- Work collectively in the Finance & Investment team to develop, implement and maintain GIFTS and other software packages effective grant management and reporting systems on all funds using the grants database
- To attend meetings where applications are being discussed both internally and externally as required
- To undertake routine monitoring and evaluation of grants, including monitoring visits
- Disseminating fund knowledge and update on activity throughout Creative Skillset
- Participate in the regular review of operational processes
- Provide administrative support to the fund team as reasonably required
- Any other duties which reasonably fall within the scope of this role
- Take ownership of, and contribute to, internal and external communications activity both in their job role and as part of Creative Skillset’s overall strategic objectives.
- Demonstrate a personal commitment to embracing and promoting Creative Skillset’s positive approach to the achievement of acceptance, openness, and equality of opportunity at work for people from under-represented groups (i.e. such as those with disabilities and from the lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender and black, asian and minority ethnic communities).
- Promote and develop individual and organisational activities which support and enhance environmental sustainability and health and safety objectives.
- Establish good working relationships with both internal and external customers and provide a high quality service which meets their needs.
- Support yours and your colleagues’ activity through a commitment to effective and correct use of corporate tools and resources, including the Wire (Creative Skillset’s intranet) for internal communications and file management, and the CRM (customer relationship management database) for contact management.
- Experience of working in a busy team and managing a high and varied workload
- Experience of following processes that require significant attention to detail, ensuring accuracy at all times
- The ability to understand and articulate a company’s range of products and services
- Experience working in a customer facing role, providing high standard of customer service
- Understanding of processing financial and confidential information
- A high standard of numeracy and literacy, both written and spoken
- Excellent communication skills
- Innovative thinking
- Excellent customer service skills
- Commitment to excellence
- Flexibility and commercial awareness
- Experience or knowledge of the Creative Industries and the issues surrounding skills development in the industry
- Knowledge and understanding of the role of Sector Skills Councils
- Experience and knowledge of the operation of different funding systems and grant making practice
- Customer services training
- Experience using GIFTS software
This job description may be changed from time to time to reflect the needs of the business - is not intended to be either prescriptive or exhaustive. It is issued as a framework to outline the main areas of responsibility.
To discuss this opportunity further, or to apply with a CV please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The application deadline is Sunday 1 April 2018.