Senior High End TV Manager
- Tuesday 13 March 2018
- Closing date:
- Thursday 29 March 2018
Over the last eighteen months, Creative Skillset, has under new leadership reshaped the organisation and refocused our strategy on the screen industries - clarifying our purpose and value.
Our mission is to lead on building inclusive skills and talent to achieve a world beating UK screen industries sector.
We have a new industry Chair and our Board and Advisory Councils comprise committed senior industry leaders from across the screen sector – film, television, visual effects, animation and games – representing large and small organisations across the UK
The High End TV (HETV) program delivers skills initiatives and interventions to grow and improve the calibre of the high end TV drama workforce. The Senior HETV Manager will manage the day-to-day practical delivery of activity for key programmes related to the HETV strategy and support the HETV Lead in delivering effective outcome-focused working groups to devise and agree skills interventions.
The role will foster relationships with training providers and will be responsible for assessing applications to the funds and working with training providers to ensure fit for purpose and high quality training is delivered that are outcome focused. The role will lead on setting, and oversee the monitoring and assessing outcomes and success from the training programmes in line with the production levy priorities, and make recommendations to ensure future funded training remains fit for purpose and delivering excellence.
The role will work closely with the HETV Lead to ensure the strategy and delivery is on track and meets industry need. The role will provide line management to the HETV Coordinator and ensure all tracking of outcomes delivered by this role is comprehensive.
- Work with the HETV Lead to ensure the strategic plan remains fit for purpose
- Support delivery of industry led working groups to define delivery priorities, transforming agreed activity into training tenders, through to commissioning successful skills activity
- Manage CPD commissioning for HETV and day-to-day relationships with training providers and grant recipients across the identified skills programme and ensure all deliverables are met
- Manage all tenders to HETV funds, and lead on internal liaison with the finance and fund teams to ensure contracts are issued timely and payment schedules are on track
- Oversee the HETV bursary fund
- Ensure any opportunities to collaborate with skills activity across the company or share resources are explored
- Develop relationships with new training partners particularly those with, or with access to, trainer-practitioners with current industry experience
- Provide written assessments for all HETV training applications received and make informed recommendations
- Work with trainers to ensure all training is outcome focused and oversee the implementation of effective tracking and monitoring systems by the HETV Coordinator to monitor outcomes and successes long term for all HETV programmes
- Working with HETV Lead and the Communications team to explore promotional activities to promote HETV activities to production companies
- Ensure inclusivity is addressed in each priority training area and work proactively with training providers to ensure inclusion
- Working collaboratively across TV and Film skills teams to share industry intelligence, and encourage collaboration where possible on training provision
- Draft industry council/subcommittee papers as appropriate and provide regular progress reports in relation to the HETV fund
- Oversee the HETV Coordinator to ensure all training providers deliver robust evidence of the outcomes of their training, assess value for money and ensure ongoing evaluation and comprehensive monitoring of skills projects
- Oversee the HETV Coordinator ensure all levy payments are tracked accurately and made ahead of principle photography and all contracts and required paperwork from training providers receiving funding are comprehensive and obtained in a timely manner
- Attend relevant industry events and deputise for the HETV Lead when needed
- Ensure paperwork and applications for all relevant skills projects are fit for purpose
Required experience and abilities
- Extensive project management experience with the ability to execute and implement projects with minimal guidance
- Experience and knowledge of the TV industry and production needs and timescales.
- Ability to develop and maintain partnerships and relationships
- Outstanding communication, organizational, planning and execution skills.
- Effective positive human relations skills including tact, diplomacy, and ability to work with all levels of staff and leadership.
- Ideally experience in a skills related role.
This job description may be changed from time to time to reflect the needs of the business - is not intended to be either prescriptive or exhaustive. It is issued as a framework to outline the main areas of responsibility.
To discuss this opportunity further, or to apply with a CV with cover letter, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The application deadline is Thursday 29 March 2018