Tick Professional Manager
- Tuesday 6 February 2018
- Closing date:
- Monday 26 February 2018
Over the last eighteen months, under new leadership, Creative Skillset has reshaped the organisation and refocused our strategy on the screen industries, clarifying our purpose and value. Our mission is to lead on building inclusive skills and talent development to achieve a world-beating UK screen sector.
We have a new industry Chair and our Board and Advisory Councils comprise committed senior industry leaders from across the screen industries – film, television, visual effects, animation and games – representing large and small organisations across the UK.
This is an exciting opportunity to help signpost and professionalise career development in the screen workforce, and enable increased inclusivity through the development of a robust industry-endorsed and backed training framework for Continuing Professional Development (CPD), based on our revitalised ‘Tick’ model.
The Tick Professional Manager is an important front-facing role, operating as part of Creative Skillset’s Vocational Skills team, in close partnership with colleagues in our Film, High-End TV and TV teams.
The role will work with industry and specialist training providers across the UK to develop a relevant, responsive accreditation model that reflects industry need and gives assurance of quality – to employers and learners alike - across all professional level training modules that we commission.
This is a pivotal role in the implementation of the BFI Future Film Skills Strategy, particularly in building longer-term professional training infrastructure across the film value chain – including production, post production, exhibition, distribution and sales – and related industries, contributing to Creative Skillset’s wider screen skills strategy and building a more inclusive screen workforce.
The role requires experience of working in a quality assurance role with an awarding or professional body, sound commercial aptitude in the development of products and services and interest in and understanding of the screen industries.
- Leading on the development and delivery of a pilot project to test out ‘Tick’ accreditation criteria and processes with a select portfolio of CPD courses.
- Leading consultations and evaluations with employers and training providers on the new proposals for ‘Tick Professional’.
- Building ownership and buy-in with employers across screen industries, with immediate focus on Film and High-End TV.
- Chairing CPD accreditation pilot visits to ensure that procedures are adhered to and that evidence gathered is robust, transparent and appropriately recorded.
- Evaluating and communicating the findings of the pilot, then developing a final ‘Tick Professional’ infrastructure that is sustainable and relevant to employers including:
- working with the leads of Film, High-End TV and other industry-facing managers to ensure effective industry engagement is in place to develop and deliver on ‘Tick Professional’;
- working with the Financial Director to develop a sustainable model
- working with the Accreditation team colleagues to develop guidance and specifications for ‘Tick Professional’ along with a robust and sustainable quality review process;
- working with the Marcomms team and Inclusivity Manager to create and deliver an engagement and communications strategy for ‘Tick Professional’.
- Working with the wider Creative Skillset team to promote awareness and understanding in order to maximise the impact of Creative Skillset’s ‘Tick’ products.
- Building and managing effective relationships with relevant key stakeholders, including external evaluators, other industry representatives and training providers;
- Representing Creative Skillset on industry or stakeholder committees, working groups task forces and panels.
- Managing the ‘Tick Professional’ development schedule and budget on a day-to-day basis.
This job description is not intended to be either prescriptive or exhaustive. It is issued as a framework to outline the main areas of responsibility at the time of writing.
Essential skills and experience
- Demonstrable experience of quality assurance within awarding or professional bodies, particularly related to modular learning frameworks
- Understanding of the UK screen industries and the sector’s complex skills and business challenges
- Skillful management and prioritisation of a complex workload
- Effective matrix-working with colleagues in different teams across multiple projects
- Proven experience of building effective partnerships with senior stakeholders and customers
- Excellent team player with problem-solving and negotiation skills, and the ability to quickly form good working relationships
- A ‘can do’ and hands-on proactive approach, with the ability to think strategically
- Ability and willingness to travel across the UK
- Ability to use a wide range of communication techniques to persuade, positively influence and actively propose solutions to overcome barriers
- Ability to work well under pressure in a methodical and organised manner, with discretion, tact and diplomacy
- Ability to think commercially and identify opportunities
To discuss this opportunity further, or to apply with a CV and cover letter of no more than two pages, explaining why you are interested in the role and how your experience is relevant, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The application deadline is Monday 26 February 2018.