Trainee Finder Administrator
- Thursday 1 February 2018
- Closing date:
- Wednesday 21 February 2018
Trainee Finder is a key service that Creative Skillset provides and is one of the best-known and most widely accessed programmes by High End TV and Film levy-paying productions. Trainee Finder places a cohort of carefully selected trainees with productions to learn on-the-job, with these placements being subsidised by the production levies.
The Administrator is responsible for supporting both the Film and HETV Trainee Finder teams, ensuring that associated paperwork, particularly placement invoices, training plans and trainee contracts are processed and maintained to the highest standards, enquiries are dealt with promptly and professionally and systems are run and maintained efficiently. They will also help to gather reporting information, as well as assisting with wider activities such as trainee recruitment, promotional activity and supporting other levy-backed programmes and other administrative duties as needed, to help ensure the smooth running of the service.
The administrator is a key role in ensuring the smooth running of and all aspects of Trainee Finder and requires a proactive and customer facing approach.
- Be the first point of contact for all general phone and email enquiries related to Trainee Finder, dealing with them in a professional and timely manner
- Ensure contacts are kept up-to-date on the CRM system
- Utlise experience gained in a High End TV drama or feature film production environment to actively engage at the appropriate departmental level to ensure issue of and receipt of all required paperwork
- Create and distribute all paperwork including contracts for Trainee Finder placements
- Respond to individual enquiries about applying for Film and HETV Trainee Finder, providing accurate and clear information
- Check all contracting and reporting documentation is received as required and passed to the relevant Trainee Finder team member for approval
- Follow up outstanding paperwork, such as contracts, invoices and payments if not received on time or inaccurate
- Organise internal Film and HETV meetings when required – provide minute taking when requested
- Book venues as instructed for pastoral care training and induction days and provide administrative support at the inductions and training days when required
- Book in pastoral care training for trainees and ensure places are filled, follow up with trainees to track value of the training and provide feedback to the Trainee Finder teams
- Process invoices and trainee expenses claims for reimbursement efficiently, reviewing for accuracy
- Process data requirements for the Trainee Finder teams, including supporting the monitoring and tracking process
- Work with HETV and Film colleagues to track outcomes and longer term individual career succession of individuals taking part in Trainee Finder
- Run financial and database reports for Trainee Finder outcomes when required
- Ensure Trainee Finder and related sections of Creative Skillset’s website and Hiive are up to date, creating a positive and accurate experience for users
- Support Trainee Finder promotional and training activity on social media
- Support external event delivery on site including all associated administration
- Work across the Film and HETV departments to seek out opportunities to work more effectively and collaboratively
This job description is not intended to be either prescriptive or exhaustive. It is issued as a framework to outline the main areas of responsibility at the time of writing.
Essential skills and experience
- Proven experience of office administration
- Experience of working within a busy production environment in High End TV or feature film and understand production processes
- Experience of working in a small team and managing a busy workload, with competing priorities
- Experience of following processes that require significant attention to detail, ensuring accuracy at all times
- Experience of working in a customer facing role, providing a high standard of professional customer-focused service
- Experience of inputting and reporting through databases
- Understanding of processing financial and confidential information
- Ability to be discreet, patient and supportive with service users
- Adept at utilising social media for marketing
- A positive and ‘can-do’ attitude
To discuss this opportunity further, or to apply with a CV and cover letter of no more than two pages, explaining why you are interested in the role and how your experience is relevant, please email: email@example.com
The application deadline is Wednesday 21 February 2018.