- Thursday 23 November 2017
- Closing date:
- Friday 12 January 2018
Application deadline 12 noon, Friday 12th January 2018.
Over the last eighteen months, under new leadership, Creative Skillset has reshaped the organisation and refocused our strategy on the screen industries, clarifying our purpose and value.
Our mission is to lead on building inclusive skills and talent to achieve a world beating UK screen industries sector.
We have a new industry Chair and our Board and Advisory Councils comprise committed senior industry leaders from across the screen sector – film, television, visual effects, animation and games – representing large and small organisations across the UK.
This is an exciting opportunity to lead, develop and build on existing foundations of inclusivity work and embed best practice throughout Creative Skillset’s Film skills plan and wider screen strategies.
To help shape and deliver programmes and activities that break down entry and progression barriers within film and screen career pathways; and to develop and implement policies, procedures and initiatives that promote and effect equality of opportunity, diversity and inclusion across our film and screen remit.
Working on different equality strands such as gender, ethnicity, disability, age, religion, social mobility and sexual orientation, this role will champion and promote a culture of inclusion and diversity within the film and wider screen community.
- Drafting Equality, Diversity and Inclusion strategies and action plans;
- Researching, applying and promoting inclusivity initiatives and sharing best practice;
- Providing advice, guidance and support on equality and diversity issues;
- Managing inclusivity-focused projects working with a range of partners;
- Maintaining an up-to-date knowledge of anti-discriminatory legislation;
- Setting targets and/or action plans and monitoring progress;
- Developing, coordinating and disseminating information and research and metrics on diversity and using this to produce reports and recommendations for key stakeholders;
- Developing links with key professional bodies;
- Representing the organisation on regional and national forums and working groups;
- Preparing and delivering presentations and workshops to staff, stakeholders and partner organisations;
- Leading and participating in inclusivity steering groups;
- Assessing industry needs and promoting industry cohesion;
- Working with and advising the research team on issues relating to diversity and equality and ensuring that this is embedded in future research activities;
- Liaising with industry groups and other relevant organisations e.g. CDN
- Writing, implementing and reviewing policy at corporate level to embed within wider strategic plans;
- Promoting changes within the film and screen community;
- Demonstrating and publishing how statutory requirements are being met;
This job description is not intended to be either prescriptive or exhaustive. It is issued as a framework to outline the main areas of responsibility at the time of writing.
Essential skills and experience
- Experience of influencing, persuading and interacting with people at all levels and from a wide variety of backgrounds
- Up to date knowledge of equality legislation and best practice and proven experience of developing equality and diversity policies
- Proactive with a broad experience of negotiating and implementing new policy/initiatives with a range of stakeholders
- Experience of analysing complex information and preparing presentations
- Excellent understanding of barriers to equality of opportunity and diversity and strategies to overcome them
- Sound knowledge of diversity networks and influencers within the screen Industries
- Ability to facilitate and chair groups
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to prioritise
To discuss this opportunity further, or to apply with a cover letter and CV, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The application deadline is 12 noon, Friday 12th January 2018.