Head of Business Development
- Tuesday 21 November 2017
- Closing date:
- Monday 18 December 2017
Application deadline 12 noon, Monday 18th December 2017.
Over the last eighteen months, Creative Skillset, has under new leadership reshaped the organisation and refocused our strategy on the screen industries - clarifying our purpose and value.
Our mission is to lead on building inclusive skills and talent to achieve a world beating UK screen industries sector.
We have a new industry Chair and our Board and Advisory Councils comprise committed senior industry leaders from across the screen sector – film, television, visual effects, animation and games – representing large and small organisations across the UK.
This is an exciting opportunity for the post holder to generate financial growth and forge strong partnerships with industry, corporates, education, local and central government and other relevant bodies.
The Head of Business Development is responsible for identifying opportunities and driving growth at Creative Skillset through diversification and expansion of existing products, services and platforms.
- Focused on generating income and establishing new funding to support our screen based skills strategy.
- Establish and maintain a framework of negotiated expectations and focused delivery.
- Explore funding opportunities and provide the environment for Creative Skillset to access these opportunities.
- Identify new leads and potential new markets.
- Ensure that match funding opportunities for seed funded projects are reviewed and that additional funding support can be achieved.
- Research organisations and individuals, learning who makes decisions and foster partnership opportunities.
- Lead on, write and present detailed proposals and tender bids.
- Identify and develop funder relationships, taking long term ownership of key relationships.
- Carry out a review of Income areas, developing a business plan with the senior management team, (SMT) to include accurate revenue forecasts, with an opportunities roadmap and revenue pipeline.
- Promote Creative Skillset’s products/services by addressing or predicting industry objectives.
- Maintain strong relationships with existing partners whilst enhancing new partnerships and co-creating best value with our stakeholders.
- Enable real-time reporting of performance against expectations.
- In tandem with the Director of Marketing and Communications, Film and HETV Leads and SMT contact industry to inform them about new developments in Creative Skillset’s platforms, products and services.
- Instigate associations to enable corporate and private funding through proposals and partnerships.
- Work in partnership to identify opportunities to deliver necessary additional funding for regional centres of excellence.
- Identify and deliver co-funding and match funding opportunities.
This job description is not intended to be either prescriptive or exhaustive. It is issued as a framework to outline the main areas of responsibility at the time of writing.
Essential skills and experience
- A solid record of Business Development experience including increasing revenues and pitching for/winning new business.
- Success in dealing with government funding, Trusts and Foundations, corporate funders and partnership relationships.
- Strong knowledge and experience/passion for the Screen sector, Skills and/or Charity[SK1] sector.
- Previous hands-on experience of identifying and delivering tendering opportunities.
- Ability to analyse information, plan and multi-task – with attention to detail in all activity areas .
- A proven self- starter with the ability to influence.
- Proactive and highly organized with excellent time management skills.
- Excellent communicator with strong persuasion and negotiation skills.
- Previous tangible involvement in managing, writing and winning bids.
- Solid experience in developing relationships/new partnerships.
- Ability to network.
- Ability to identify customer needs, overcome challenges and deliver solutions.
To discuss this opportunity further, or to apply with a cover letter and CV, please email Michelle Care: email@example.com
The application deadline is 12 noon, Monday 18th December 2017.