Support for Production Companies and Individuals
The vision of the High End TV Levy Fund is focused on the long-term development of a world-class, skilled UK workforce for the TV drama industry.
We deliver a wide range of skills support for crew and talent from new entrants to those more advanced in their careers across the UK. Our industry-led working groups and the HETV Council set clear annual priorities for the Levy Fund, identifying effective skills pathways to find, propel and develop High End TV drama talent and crew.
The key expectations of the activities of the Levy Fund are:
- UK wide engagement
- Diverse and inclusive
- Agile and close to the industry
- A dynamic profile
- Creating scale through working partnerships
- Accountable to the Levy Fund to ensure value for money and effective outcomes
- Focused in long term skills development
How can we help you?
We have a range of support and funding available for production companies to help develop their workforces as well as for individuals to grow their careers in High End TV. These are delivered both in-house and also externally by industry-recognised training providers.
Programmes that are currently running and delivered in-house by Creative Skillset's High End TV team are:
- HETV Trainee Finder - An entry-level placement scheme which places trainees on UK TV drama productions
- Make a Move - On-the-job training for people identified by productions as ready to move up into a more senior role with a little support.
- Bursaries – Funding for individuals available to part fund external High End TV focused short courses. Launching in September 2017.
- In-House Production Runners Programme – Match funding for a series of in-house Production Runner placements (to provide opportunities for socio-economically challenged new entrants.) Launching in October 2017.
- High End TV Drama Co-Producer Programme - Aimed at senior HoD grades to help them step up into the role of TV Drama Producer. We have funding available for one further placement. If you are a production company and would like to discuss facilitating a Co-Producer placement, contact us here.
For more information about current programmes funded by the High End TV Levy being delivered externally by industry training providers click here.